Wednesday 14 January 2009

It Lives!

I spoke too soon.

You'll remember that I wrote an entry lamenting the death of my first MP3 player and welcoming my newest into the world.

On Saturday morning, I took it upon myself to, among other things, rebuild/reformat some of the broken tech in the house. In the week leading up that day, I had repaired a bricked Mac mini, salvaged a PC from the depths of malware hell (almost like Orpheus), and even took apart an alarm clock.

On that Saturday, I repaired the broken whammy bar on my Rock Band guitar (it was simpler than thought), got my brother's ZEN to boot up (unfortunately, it was only momentary), and cleaned out my PS3 of the 10 GBs of photos I meant to sort out (mostly from the Maiden concert).

The crowning jewel of my day, however, was bringing my Zen Vision:M back to life.

I have no idea how I did this, though. The first time I tried to do this, I wiped its firmware and reloaded the current firmware but to no avail. I did this on Saturday morning and was readying myself for let down but, after some time (I had left the Vision:M on the boot screen) it booted to the menu you see above.

To be honest, I was amazed.

I now have 30 GBs of portable storage as well as an MP3 player for the car now! Goodbye CDs, hello archaic friend.

2 comments:

  1. holy crap.. that was early. nice that you got your vision fixed.. my bro's still won't turn on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang, screw paradise lost. fix aaaall the stuff in my house man. upgrade my (seemingly) useless comp! just kidding, there's no hope for my computer. aha

    ReplyDelete