Thursday 2 July 2009

Meditations on the Banister

I am standing here,
Light breaking through the windows,
Stepping upon steps.

Noise echoes through space:
A man booms and crackles near
While music speaks far.

A silent approach
As I fade in the backdrop
And the echoes sing.

My shadow grows long
As ink and paper meet; love
In loneliness faced.

As they walk away
Light casts shadows lengthy, slim
Against vanity.

The noise still booms here
While the pen still meets its love.
I meditate here.

On the banister
I write with senses fulfilled
While the world walks by.

December 12, 2007, Writing 12
(We were sent to different places in the school to write poems to be called "Meditations on the [Location]". I was sent to the east staircase on the second floor. I sat on the banister.)

No comments:

Post a Comment