Sunday 13 April 2008

Estranged

When I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way, find another day. With all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time. And now that you've been broken down, got your head out of the clouds. You're back down on the ground and you don't talk so loud, and you don't walk so proud, anymore.

And what for?

Well I jumped into the river too many times to make it home. I'm out here on my own, and drifting all alone. If it doesn't show give it time to read between the lines. 'Cause I see the storm getting closer and the waves they get so high. Seems everything we've ever known's here.

Why must it drift away and die?

I'll never find anyone to replace you. Guess I'll have to make it through, this time, oh this time... without you.

I knew the storm was getting closer, and all my friends said I was high. But everything we've ever known's here; I never wanted it to die.

1 comment: